- 15,185 hits
Top Posts & Pages
- Random Quote. No 43.
- Boston Marathon Bombing
- Ding dong the witch is dead!
- A blogger returns
- Random Quote. No 42.
- Pratchett Quotes. No 45.
- The ‘Botched’ British Intelligence Mission in Libya.
- Pratchett Quote. No 44.
- The Selfish Gene, the Group, the Logic of Multilevel Selection and Multi-culturalism.
- Libya: Division in the National Transition Council.
- Art (4)
- Bits and bobs (2)
- Humour (87)
- Media (5)
- Mental Health (1)
- Miscellaneous (17)
- Politics (65)
- Random Quotes. (42)
- Religion (27)
- Useless Information (8)
- Africa Al-Qaeda Andy Coulson Ankh-Morpork Anti-Islamic Art Arts Asia Banksy BBC British Sky Broadcasting Business Christianity Church of Scientology Comedy Cults David Cameron Democracy Dianetics Discworld Downing Street Egypt English Defence League Funny Games Geert Wilders God Good Omens Government Graffiti Gross domestic product History Home Affairs Select Committee Humour Independent Police Complaints Commission Interesting Times Islam Islamism James Murdoch Jingo Libya Literature London L Ron Hubbard Metropolitan Police Service Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi Muslim Neil Gaiman News Corporation News International News of the World News of the World phone hacking affair Norway Opposing Views Oslo People Politics Poverty Pratchett Quotes Quotes Rebekah Brooks Recreation Religion Religion & Spirituality Religion and Spirituality Riot Rupert Murdoch Sam Vimes Satire Scientology South Asia Television Terry Pratchett United States World News
Tag Archives: Interesting Times
“Sometimes I… well… I just write stuff which hasn’t been pinched from ANYONE (shuffles feet, looks embarrassed…).” Terry Pratchett. At a book signing.
The ducks in St James’s Park are so used to being fed bread by secret agents meeting clandestinely that they have developed their own Pavlovian reaction. Put a St James’s Park duck in a laboratory cage and show it a … Continue reading
“Something Vimes had learned as a young guard drifted up from memory. If you have to look along the shaft of an arrow from the wrong end, if a man has you entirely at his mercy, then hope like hell … Continue reading
“Most species do their own evolving, making it up as they go along, which is the way Nature intended. And this is all very natural and organic and in tune with mysterious cycles of the cosmos, which believes that there’s nothing … Continue reading
The Quantum Weather Butterfly ( Papilio Tempestae ) is an undistinguished yellow colour, its outstanding feature is its ability to create weather. This presumably began as a survival trait, since even an extremely hungry bird would find itself inconvenienced by a … Continue reading